Friday, April 20, 2012

The Prophet by Amanda Stevens

The Prophet (Graveyard Queen #3)I loved the first two books in The Graveyard Queen series. I think the second was my favorite though. The horror of Asher Falls... this one just can't compare to that.

They had to bring that whole Devlin, Robert, Mariama, and daughter thing back. I didn't like Devlin in book one and liked him even less this time. And Amelia Gray...why oh why, do you want a man, pine for him even, when he was just nuzzling some other woman's neck? What the hell is wrong with you, girl?

The entire novel was Amelia  making one bad choice after another (You left the gun there?? Duh!), having drug induced hallucinations, talking to ghosts, and stalking Devlin as she tries to find out who killed Robert, another ghost from book one.

What was Asher Falls for???? Just to make her a more haunted woman in this book? Hm... Something isn't panning out here.

However, the book didn't totally bomb. The beetles.. OMG. That was scary. The cowering under a desk next to a dead body... creepy stuff.

In the end, however, I was displeased with Amelia and her blasted Devlin obsession. I think she needs to go back to Asher Falls. It also raised more questions, namely, for me, is Amelia alive or dead?


Three bikes. I got this on netgalley.




No comments:

Post a Comment