Monday, March 4, 2013

Out of Sight Out of Mind by Evonne Wareham

Out of Sight Out of MindA romantic suspense with a paranormal twist, but when I say paranormal, I don't mean vampires or shape shifters or such. I mean...mind reading.

The heroine can read minds and when she meets this homeless and bedraggled man in an alley and feels a weird connection to him, she thinks she's hit the jackpot with a perfect subject to experiment on and gets a lot more than she bargained for. * I appreciate this homeless man twist. Parts here made me think about how quickly we judge others by their appearance when in reality, we know nothing about them or why they are in the situation we are in. *

There's lots of shocking and dirty secrets revealed as the end comes near. Elaborate plots in which it's hard to tell who is one whose side. Even in the end, I was a tiny bit confused by some things. Was the gov't in on it? Did they want it too? Why did they permit this and that... I was left with some questions.

I really enjoyed watching the relationship between her and Jay unfold though. The sex was great--not too much, not too little.

The story keeps you guessing. "Whose side is he on? Did he know about this? Who is responsible?" The entire tale is like neatly made bed in the beginning and very slowly you pull back the covers, inch-by-inch, sheet by sheet. That last 3/4 especially are WOWZA!

And I'm going to be very careful not to reveal much more than that as this is one of those stories in which the less said, the better. I'd hate to ruin it for someone.


I was very surprised by the turn of events. This was NOT a predictable story in any way. I confess in the middle there for a while, my mind began to stray. I feel like it was made a little longer than it needed to be, took too long to get to the point at times. Thus, four bikes.




No comments:

Post a Comment