Sunday, March 8, 2015

Vintage-Looking Clutch You Can Make Yourself

There was a time when needlepoint clutches were in style. I don't see why we can't bring them back. And heck, you can make your own thanks to this awesome kit I found recently and made, with a modification. (I added a string of "pearls" on elastic to the side that when carried looks like a bracelet but actually serves as a handle. Plus, if you just leave your purse sitting there, it looks like you have a string of pearls hanging out. Elegant, eh?)

I bought the kit on Herrschners here.

The kit comes with purse form, yarn, needle, clasp, instructions. and I actually prefer this form over the forms I've been buying at JoAnn's and just stitching up.



What do you think?

This one has been gifted. I sure hope the receiver likes it as much as I do.

1 comment:

  1. That's really cute! Glad to know I'm not the only one who has a thing for needlepoint clutches ;)

    ReplyDelete